Thursday, March 5, 2009

Music this Year

I can't even explain how excited I am for all the music that is coming out this year! It's going to be great! I'm just going to explain why I am excited for each band that is releasing an album.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

First of all, there's U2! I started listening to them back in 2004 when they released their album How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. I fell in love with the song Vertigo along with most of the others on the album. It turned out that my dad had been a big U2 fan back in the day, so he had some of their older CDs that he let me borrow. Their older songs are amazing. Some of my favorites are Desire, I Will Follow, Stuck in a Moment, Beautiful Day, Sweetest Thing, and many more.

How to Dismantle and Atomic Bomb was their most recent album up until a few days ago. If you do the math, that's five years between albums. That is an insanely long time between albums! I was really excited back in February when they released their first single off of the new album, Get On Your Boots. It's an upbeat song about how everything's screwed up right now. It's a great song. And finally, after five long years, No Line on the Horizon was released! I downloaded it the first day, and was a little disappointed the first time I listened to it. But then I listened to it a few more times, and I love it! Bono's vocals in No Line on the Horizon are amazing! It has some great guitar in other songs, great singing, and great drums. U2 really didn't disappoint!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Green Day is probably my all-time favorite band. I started listening to them also back in 2004 when they released the massively successful American Idiot. It was, and still is an amazing album. Their older stuff is awesome too. Their first album, Dookie, has some of their best songs on it. There's Welcome to Paradise, When I come Around, Longview, and a few others. One of my favorite songs, King for a Day, is about a crossdresser, and it's actually pretty funny.

American Idiot is their most recent album as of right now. It was released back in 2004, so it's also been five years since that. Their next album, 21st Century Breakdown, is due in May. The first single, Know Your Enemy, is due April 20th. I cannot wait for this new album! Five years is way, way, way to long to wait for Green Day! A few weeks ago, one of the songs got released accidentally (although it's not fully mixed yet). It's called 21st Century Breakdown, and let me tell you, that is one amazing song. The beginning reminds me a little bit of Baba O'Riley by The Who. I think this is going to be one epic album, so I am dying waiting for it!!!

Well I'm almost at five hundred words... There are a couple more bands I want to write about, but I'll just save them for next week so I have something to write about! ;)

0 comments: