Monday, January 26, 2009

Really?

Ok, here's a story my mom told me today. My neighbor who's in seventh grade accidentally left his backpack at school today. He had an SEOP later that day, so he decided just to get it then. He figured he had left it in the band room, so he went and looked all over but couldn't find it. He checked his locker and it wasn't there either. So he went home and called a couple of friends to see if they had taken it home for him. The first person hadn't. The next person he called told him that he had hid it in a locker in the band room...

But that's not even all of it. His mom called my mom who happened to be over by the school. She asked if my mom could go look through the lockers to find it. So my mom did. The room was locked, so she had to find a janitor to unlock it for her. So my mom goes in and starts looking through all the lockers. Not being able to find it, she calls back my friends mom. My friends mom is pretty upset now, so she calls up the kid who hid it. She asks him where it is and he says that he doesn't know...

But that still isn't all. She keeps talking with him on the phone and he says that we will just have to find it. So she tells him that my mom is there right now looking for it and that he needs to tell us where it is. Eventually he says that it might be on the right wall. So my mom checks there and it's in the last one she checks.

All in all, this kid hid the backpack, lied that he didn't know where it was, and was rude to my friend's mom. He may sound all tough pickin' on kids like that, but in reality, he's not. It wasn't like tough guy bullying, it was dorky bullying. I mean, seriously...hiding the backpack in the band room? I have no idea what he expected to gain from that. "Yes! I hid it!" Was that really worth it? This isn't the only thing he's done that bugs me though...

Over the summer, our neighborhood signed up for Junior Golf at Valley View. Every week we'd have a little lesson and play 9 holes of golf. If you improved your score by enough from the previous weeks, you might win a gift certificate to the pro shop there. So every week I would be honest about my score. It wasn't the best score there, but it was honest. And I was gradually improving. I felt good about myself. So here comes this kid who is totally sandbagging it (in other words, cheating). He claimed to be shooting about 10 strokes under what I would hit. I'm not trying to brag or anything, because I am by no means a good golfer, but there is no way that kid was shooting 10 under me. He can barely handle a club. If this wasn't for cash prizes, I probably wouldn't have minded. But this kid was getting rich off of cheating! I shouldn't let it bother me, but there are so many things he does that drive me crazy!

0 comments: