Thursday, February 5, 2009

Do you ever feel swamped?

Do you ever feel like you have just so much work that you can't handle it? You are staying up for nights finishing work for almost every class? That's about how I feel right now. Today I had to stay after school for the basketball game. I left at 4:30 and went straight to guitar. By the time I got back and had eaten, it was about 6 o'clock. Besides choosing a couple of pictures for a contest in the newspaper, I have been doing homework ever since. I started with my math assignment, which usually takes a long time. Today, however, it was relatively short. I had no complaints. After that I started on my bookwork for geography. All in all, I had to summarize about 8 or 9 different African subjects. That one was actually my fault, I could have been working on it earlier (since it was assigned two weeks ago), but being the procrastinator I am (and also because I have been bogged down with a ton over the last few weeks) I put it all off until tonight. So there went 2 hours. Next, I had to do 3 current events. There went another hour. So now, I decided I better check the discussion board and (as you can obviously see) write my blog for this week. I was expecting a relatively easy question this week, but I logged on and quickly discovered that it was another question about A Tale of Two Cities. I have to be to page 140. This was not at all what I was expecting, nor was it what I needed tonight. I'm on page 60 right now. I try to read during reading time, but I get way to distracted. Reading really isn't my strong point. The only time during the day I ever have time to read is from about 10:00 PM to 11:XX PM. I put the Xs there because that's just when I am to tired to keep my eyes open anymore. I've got to read 80 pages of a book that I am having an extremely difficult time understanding by Monday. I am really looking forward to Saturday and Sunday evening! I am going to have to read like a mad man if I am going to get these pages in. I guess it is good though. I really get behind on my reading. Last term, I had to read 300 pages a couple days before the term ended. This way, I get it all over now so I can stress over other things when the term is ending. And that brings me to right now. I still need to write a final draft of an essay and fit forty six more words into this blog. Well, as soon as I say my goodbyes, it will probably be enough. To those of you who continue to read my pointless dribble, I thank you dearly! To those of you who just skip over my blog, you are probably making the right choice. But you wouldn't know that, because you're not reading this. And with that, I bid you all adieu!

0 comments: