Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Swamped...Still!

Oh man, I am so swamped with school work right now! It was worse last week, but still, I think it's a lot...

Science isn't hard by any means. It's probably the class that I am understanding the most right now. The only times I ever really have homework in that class are for assignments that are due the next day. Webwork, worksheets, and notebooks are some of these things. We get a term project every term, but they are never hard. I have always gotten them done early and never really had to stress to much over them. That being said, science is one of my easier classes.

I think English is the class I am stressing the most over right now. It wouldn't be to bad if we had a bunch of assignments that were due the next day. I can handle those because there's really no way you can procrastinate on them. You just do them at night and it's over with. However, all the things I am stressing over in English right now are long term assignments. There's finishing A Tale of Two Cities (not to mention trying to understand it), studying for the word cells test, memorizing a passage from Romeo and Juliet, and keeping up with everything in Honors English. These things really shouldn't be that hard, but for me, being the procrastinator I am, they are pretty difficult to keep up with.

No problems in Seminary. Just nightly scripture reading, which I already do.

Math is interesting. I don't ever stress out about it, but it's one of my hardest classes. A lot of the stuff we're learning goes way over my head the first time I hear it, but I can usually understand the second or third time. Assignments take from a half hour to and hour most nights, so it's bad, but not to bad.

Geography is probably my favorite class. I switched into my favorite teacher at semester and I have really enjoyed it so far. Everyone was saying that it was a really hard class, but I don't find it that difficult. There are map tests, open-notes tests, and a whole lot of note taking. If you pay attention and study for a few minutes every night, it's a really easy A. So I have no complaints there.

Choir couldn't be easier. My friends and I switched out of band and into choir at semester and it was a really good choice. The band was terrible and I wasn't learning anything. I've always wanted to be better at singing, so choir is the right choice for that. I am actually learning stuff, and it's also an easy A. I really enjoy it.

Student Government isn't that bad. Some of the committee assignments are hard, but we usually get them done. There's nothing horrible that we can't handle. The only part I really don't like is going to every last one of the games. You can only miss two during the term, so you really do have to go to most of them. It kinda stinks on days when I have a ton of homework, but it's an excuse to hang out with friends.

Well, that's what's going on in my school life right now. I hope I didn't bore you too much. Until next time, I bid you all farewell!

0 comments: