Sunday, May 31, 2009

The End

Wow! This has been one crazy, whacked-out year! And boy, has it flown by! It seems like only yesterday I was walking into Biology without even knowing my locker com. Remember that, anyone? We didn't get the right coms at orientation, so by the time school started, we still didn't know how to get into our lockers! Man, it's little things like that that makes this year one to remember.


I just want to reflect a bit on my freshman year at Fairfield Jr. High. Ninth grade, like I'm sure you all know, is your last year of junior high before they ship you off to high school. Naturally, you should try to make it the best out of your three years. I know I sure did. I decided at the beginning of the year that I was going to be bold, be different, and try new things. Anything that wasn't working for me before, I would change. I was determined to make this the year to remember. Sure, I made a few mistakes along the way, but that's bound to happen, right? I mean after all, we're all only human! Do I regret anything? Of course not. We learn from mistakes; they make us better people! That was the attitude I went through the year with, and it worked for me. I got my same 4.0 as the previous years, I made awesome friends, and I had a blast doing it! 

There are many people I would like to thank for this insanely outrageous year, but there's one person I'd like to thank specifically:

MRT, this may sound corny, but you're one of my favorite teachers I've ever had. I've never learned more in an English class, or actually enjoyed an English class as much as I have this year. You actually make it fun! English has never really been one of my favorite subjects, but you've taught me to appreciate it. You've taught me to think, to question things that are going on in the world. Also, I've never had an English teacher as cool as you are! You hang Kiss posters all over your room, you show us clips from Conan, you let us watch The Simpsons (the one with Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven), you giggle to yourself when we read about flatulence, and to top it all off, you understand your students! You actually get what's going on in our lives! Most teachers aren't like that, but you are. You have a special connection with the students. It has been one wild ride in your class, and I'm gonna miss walking into your classroom every day. Thank you, and best of wishes to you and everything you do!

Still though, I can't believe how fast this year has gone by! I guess it's true though, time flies when you're having fun! School-wise, this year has been relatively easy. Sure, there have been a couple nights of late night homework (e.g. tonight. I'm scrambling to finish this blog, color something for science, study for a scripture-mastery test, write two current events, finish my 7-Habits workbook, and read 250 pages by tomorrow, all the while it's 11:36 at night!), but my classes really haven't been that difficult. Mostly, I've just been enjoying the year and trying to make the most of it. Everything from trying to be closer to friends to running track for the first time, this year has rocked. I really couldn't have asked for better friends or teachers. There's absolutely nothing I regret about this year or anything I would change. I want to thank everyone that's been a part of me the last year for the best year of my life! And with that, I'll say my final good-bye. Dallin Johnson, over and out.

1 comments:

Panda Girl said...

Just because Honors English is over doesn't mean you have to stop blogging!! :)